Sunday 26 March 2017

A really cool day in Zürich! Oh and military stuff..

First of all I want to talk about Switzerland and the compulsory military service we have here. Every male citizen here is obliged to go to the military, once they turn 18 years old; which means I had to go too. You still get the possibility to do civil services and not military, which is, in my opinion, a great option! So on Monday and Tuesday I had my recruitment. You have to do multiple different tests about your health, psychology and intelligence. And in my opinion the intelligence tests are basically just hilarious, especially the vocabulary test! There were questions like "what is a taboo" and one of the few options was "a native American boat" .. I think you get my point.. Hilarious!
Another odd thing was that, even if you want to do civil services, you get a position in the military and have to change it later at home. So I went to this guy who gives you your position, he asked my if I still plan to do civil services, "yes", and he said he'll give me the position of a paramedic. "Ok, no problem."
So after that, when I prepared to go home, a guy came to me "I see you signed up as a paramedic, you have to get a blood test now because only as a paramedic you have to."
Well.... thanks for the joke-material ^^


Other than that my mum and I planned to go to Zürich now for a while to get some stuff done, like getting a new spring/summer jacket for me and a new bag for her.
Yesterday morning I went a little earlier to Baden to take some pictures with my drone, because I want to apply at some architecture offices to maybe get some contracts to take pictures for them. So I decided to take some example pictures I can show them in advance :)




Later in Zürich we first went to a Popup Market which was a huge coincidence! My mum wanted to show me this really cool building, and without us even knowing, our favourite market was just taking place inside!


After that we found ourselves in a really nice organic and zerowaste shop called FOiFi, I took some cool pictures :)








And of course I got my new jacket and she got her cool new Freitag-Bag ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment